[Mpi-21] TODO - AUTHORS of MPI-2.1 - Workplan

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at [hidden]
Wed Apr 2 16:14:56 CDT 2008

Rolf:

I have not gone through Chapter 11 thoroughly yet but I have
already noticed some major changes that I would suggest.

First Section 11.6: "Decoding a Datatype" seems out of place
in the merged document. It would make sense to me to have all
of the datatype functions together. If we don't make datatypes
a separate chapter, then this section (11.6) should be moved
into chapter 3, near section 3.12: "Derived Datatypes". Ideally,
it would be merged into that section since it is clearly part
of that functionality.

Second, Section 11.5: "Error Classes, Error Codes, and Error
Handlers" is strongly related to Section 7.3: "Error Handling",
and Section 7.4: "Error Codes and Classes". Clearly, these
sections should be merged. In fact, this overlap makes me ask
why have we not merged Chapters 7 and 11? What is the difference
between "Environmental Management" and "External Interfaces"?

I think this question needs to be resolved before I go further
on working on Chapter 11. Perhaps George and I should coordinate
merging these chapters after I coordinate moving the datatype
decoding functionality into chapter 3 with Rich...

Bronis