[Mpi-forum] March Chicago Meeting: Request for Plenary Time

Joseph Schuchart schuchart at icl.utk.edu
Sat Feb 3 19:03:13 CST 2024

Dear all,

For planning purposes, I'd like to request some plenary time for the
following items:

- A proposal on process time synchronization:
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/829
- A proposal on immediate request completion:
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/828
- Hyperrefs for symbols in the document:
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/826
   - Related: incorrect usage of MPI macros:
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/825
- MPI continuations (no official ticket yet)
- A discussion on what guarantees users can expect of MPI_Status elements:
   - Outcome of MPI_Test_cancelled on nonblocking collective requests
not defined: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/821
   - Content of status not defined for partitioned requests:
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/820
   - Whether to always set MPI_ERROR in MPI_Status:
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/814

None of these are official readings so they can be scheduled at any time
and if we don't make it through all of them that's fine too. I don't
want to occupy the full week :)

See you Chicago,
Joseph