[Mpi-forum] July 2023 MPI Forum Meeting Wrap Up

Wes Bland work at wesbland.com
Tue Jul 11 12:04:14 CDT 2023

Hi all,

A few things to wrap up the July meeting:

Today’s voting results are now posted on the website: https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2023/07/votes
All of the ballots passed. This means we will not meet synchronously tomorrow, though we will have the votes for the remaining errata items. You’ll receive another email to vote on that shortly.

The slides that I presented today about the next steps toward MPI 4.1 are available online:
Google Slides <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1hCgTAz8WP4uRKSTX06t9CM9tUO1dkeWzoW5a37C3_WM/edit?usp=sharing>
PDF <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-forum.github.io/blob/master/slides/2023/07/MPI%204.1%20Procedures%20and%20Logistics.pdf>

Here’s the immediate action items for folks from that slide deck:
Chapter committees have from now through the end of July to make last minute changes before we stop accepting changes for the MPI 4.1 release candidate. Create any PRs ASAP.
The list of remaining items is here: https://github.com/orgs/mpi-forum/projects/1/views/9
Chapter committees need to be updated as there is a non-trivial amount of work that we will need from each of you for the next few months.
If you’re not active in the MPI Forum anymore or can’t be active for the next couple of months, it’s probably best to step aside from the committee.
If you’re not on a committee and would like to be (or vice versa), reach out to the chair of that committee. If you’re a chair of a committee and don’t want to be, reach out to Martin and I.
More instructions for what the CCs need to do are in the slides.
Everyone should review their name in my list of MPI 4.1 authors. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16o1Zf0YGGEIHIn9ULp9IodBok2TF2YNKEFHJ3f-6YGE/edit#gid=981851546
Leave a comment (or email me) if you would like a change.
This list is everyone who has attended a voting meeting since MPI 4.0. If you feel there is someone else who should be on the list, please let me know (e.g., active in a working group).
There’s another list in there for RCM reviewers. Please ignore that for now as the page numbers will be changed once the RC document is ready to go.
If you’d like to be a reviewer and aren’t on that least, let me know. I’ve included everyone who has been active in the forum over the last year (3 of the last 5 meetings).
Officer nominations will open at the next meeting for the next MPI Standard release cycle. Please consider now if you would like to nominate someone or be nominated.
There was some discussion of creating co-officer positions or deputy officer positions to set up succession. If this is something you’d be interested in, please let me know and I can think about what tweaks we might need to make to the rules to formalize. We can also do this informally.

That’s all for now. Thanks for a productive meeting this week and I’m looking forward to finishing MPI 4.1.

Thanks,
Wes