[mpiwg-tools] should there be an MPI_T_source_get_index?

Raffenetti, Kenneth J. raffenet at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 17 12:40:12 CST 2021

Hi all,

(no bug this time __)

I am wondering if there should be a function to lookup a source index by name. There is for categories, cvars, events, and pvars. I stumbled upon this when modifying a test program (https://github.com/pmodels/mpich/blob/main/test/mpi/mpi_t/getindex.c) that gets the names of all available objects (cvars, pvars, categories), then looks up their index to verify it. I want to do the same for events and sources, but only events have that functionality in the text today.

Ken