[mpiwg-tools] PMPI and sessions init

Martin Schulz schulzm at in.tum.de
Thu Nov 5 17:39:26 CST 2020

Hi Joachim, all,

Yes, I think you are right - we probably didn't think this all the way through on the TelCon: as long as all items are loaded, the interceptions with PMPI should work, no matter when and where MPI calls are made. The only issue would be the load order of a tool vs. a library using MPI_Sessions, which could lead to situations where a tool wouldn't be able to catch the init calls.

Martin

PS: what do you mean with the environment variable in this scenario?

Member of the Board of Directors at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)
Email: schulzm at in.tum.de