[mpiwg-tools] PMPI and sessions init

Joachim Protze protze at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Nov 5 12:00:38 CST 2020

Hi all,

if I understood the discussion about MPI_Session_init and PMPI right, I
don't think there exists an issue.
By ld-preloading the PMPI tool, the tool can also intercept a call to
MPI_Session_init, which might come from a library constructor before
main. Even a function called from the library constructor of a static
library can be intercepted by a ld-preloaded tool.

For libraries, which are explicitly loaded by the MPI runtime during
initialization, this would also work. For others, it depends on the
ordering of calling the library constructor (might work by chance :).

This was one of my main motivation of having such an environmental
variable.

Best
Joachim

--
Dipl.-Inf. Joachim Protze

IT Center
Group: High Performance Computing
Division: Computational Science and Engineering
RWTH Aachen University
Seffenter Weg 23
D 52074  Aachen (Germany)
Tel: +49 241 80- 24765