[mpiwg-tools] Prefix of PMPI replacement interface

Mohror, Kathryn mohror1 at llnl.gov
Wed Sep 30 09:51:27 CDT 2015

I'd be okay with either "callback" or "hook" names for the interface. I suppose if I had to pick a preference, I'd go with "hook". The concept of "hook" seems more general to me than "callback". Then I'd choose the MPI_H prefix version over MPI_Hook, with the reason being the 32 character limit for function names in the MPI Standard.

Or another idea: MPI_I for MPI Interception Interface? Or Introspection Interface? It kind of rolls off the tongue... for me anyway. MP Eye Eye.

Kathryn

Kathryn Mohror, kathryn at llnl.gov, http://scalability.llnl.gov/
Scalability Team @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA, USA