[mpiwg-tools] Feedback from the forum

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Thu Sep 12 11:25:28 CDT 2013

On Sep 12, 2013, at 5:35 PM, Martin Schulz <schulz6 at llnl.gov> wrote:

> Also, there were questions on the definition of a "unique image" - at the end people seemed to be OK with it, but would like to see a cleaner definition for the next forward looking version of MQD. In particular, it should cover the case where multiple MPI processes are in one OS process.

I'm not too concerned about this particular piece of feedback:

1. It came from Torsten who had never read the proposal before.
2. If the document doesn't handle the MPI-processes-as-threads concept, then so be it -- this is a documentation of current practice.  We welcome their proposal for v2.0 of the document.

jsquyres at cisco.com