[mpiwg-tools] Feedback from the forum

Martin Schulz schulz6 at llnl.gov
Thu Sep 12 10:35:27 CDT 2013

Hi all,

We read the various tools tickets today and so far, everything seems to look good. Here is the minor feedback we got:

Ticket 378: the "OUT" is in the wrong font

For MQD:

Section 3.2.4: of the MPI process -> of an MPI process

Also, there were questions on the definition of a "unique image" - at the end people seemed to be OK with it, but would like to see a cleaner definition for the next forward looking version of MQD. In particular, it should cover the case where multiple MPI processes are in one OS process.

Straw votes:
377: 12 yes, 0 no, 5 abstain
378: 13 yes, 0 no, 2 abstain

Also, someone commented on the example on page 16 of the tools3.pdf document:

The loop terminates when it hits a non MPI_SUCCESS return from get_info - this is not quite as intended. The loop should jump over holes in the index space (e.g., caused by unloading). I.e., it should test for SUCCESS or INVALID_INDEX and in both cases continue, abort otherwise.

Bill suggested to fix this as ticket 0.