[mpiwg-tools] cvar / pvar names

Schulz, Martin schulzm at llnl.gov
Wed Oct 30 09:59:42 CDT 2013

Hi Junchao,

I fully agree with Bill - think of MPI_T not as PAPI, but as perfctr below PAPI (with the same pros/cons). I am actually hoping that we not only do something similar to PAPI at some point, but we'll actually implement an MPI_T PAPI module, which would make all MPI_T variables instantly accessible to a wide range of tools. I had talked to the PAPI group about this a while ago while we wrote MPI_T and we should probably restart that effort.

Martin