[mpiwg-tools] cvar / pvar names

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 29 14:16:13 CDT 2013

These might emerge (as they did for PAPI - counters existed long before PAPI).  However, implementations are likely to have many different variables.  And a problem faced by PAPI uses is even though the names might be the same, then meanings are not always exactly the same.

Portability is also not as big a problem.  There just aren't that many distinct MPI implementations.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign