[Mpi3-tools] Tools side document future work

Kathryn Mohror kathryn at llnl.gov
Thu May 30 11:49:30 CDT 2013

Hi Ahn, all,

These are the future work items for the tools side document that I know about.

From our wiki page:
A scalable version of a process acquisition interface to identify and locate all processes which are part of an MPI job.
An interface to look for and locate tool DLLs.
An interface to inspect message queues.
An interface to understand progress in collective communication.
An interface to query additional semantic information for opaque MPI handles.
An MPI morph layer (and the necessary requirements to make this work)
I don't know what the MPI morph layer is. Maybe Jeff or Martin have this information?

Additionally, for MPIR we want to add routines to query which resource manager is being used and what the command for bulk launch is (e.g. srun, mpirun).

Does anyone else have others?

Kathryn
Kathryn Mohror, kathryn at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/mohror1
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA, USA