[mpiwg-tools] Tools WG webex tomorrow!

Kathryn Mohror kathryn at llnl.gov
Mon Aug 26 16:20:04 CDT 2013

>>> I will add this to the handle_free text. Alternatively, I could put this text right after the handle_alloc text:
>>>
>>> For any routine that takes both handle and session arguments, if the handle argument passed in is not associated with the session argument, MPI_T_ERR_INVALID_HANDLE is returned.
>>
>> Actually, I don't think that is specific enough. How about:
>>
>> For all routines in the rest of this section that take both handle and session arguments, if the handle argument passed in is not associated with the session argument, MPI_T_ERR_INVALID_HANDLE is returned.
>
> Not to be nit-picky, but the alloc routines also has a handle and a session argument and doesn't apply there. I think we have to say "take both handle and session arguments as IN arguments".

Your text is more specific and likely clearer, and if routines get added at some point, we'll be less likely to make an error regarding this.

So, now it's:

For all routines in the rest of this section that take both handle and session as IN arguments, if the handle argument passed in is not associated with the session argument, MPI_T_ERR_INVALID_HANDLE is returned.

I don't know the markup for IN though. If someone does, that will help me.

Kathryn

Kathryn Mohror, kathryn at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/mohror1
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA, USA