[mpiwg-tools] Tools WG webex tomorrow!

Schulz, Martin schulz6 at llnl.gov
Mon Aug 26 16:14:25 CDT 2013

On Aug 26, 2013, at 11:07 PM, Kathryn Mohror <kathryn at llnl.gov<mailto:kathryn at llnl.gov>>
 wrote:

What about MPI_T_PVAR_HANDLE_FREE?  That takes a (session, handle) tuple, but doesn't have the text about MPI_T_ERR_INVALID_HANDLE.

I will add this to the handle_free text. Alternatively, I could put this text right after the handle_alloc text:

For any routine that takes both handle and session arguments, if the handle argument passed in is not associated with the session argument, MPI_T_ERR_INVALID_HANDLE is returned.

Actually, I don't think that is specific enough. How about:

For all routines in the rest of this section that take both handle and session arguments, if the handle argument passed in is not associated with the session argument, MPI_T_ERR_INVALID_HANDLE is returned.

Not to be nit-picky, but the alloc routines also has a handle and a session argument and doesn't apply there. I think we have to say "take both handle and session arguments as IN arguments".

Martin

Kathryn