[Mpi3-tools] Issues with Fortran bindings for MPI_Pcontrol

Marc-Andre Hermanns m.a.hermanns at grs-sim.de
Tue Apr 16 03:19:36 CDT 2013

Jeff,

> I certainly don't mean deleting PMPI from MPI-4. I mean putting
> something better in MPI-4 that, over time, can replace PMPI (so that
> PMPI *can* be deleted in some future version).

I don't really understand why the issues with Pcontrol has an influence
on whether the PMPI should be surpassed by anything else? Isn't it for
use of the profiling tool only?

Scalasca does not use Pcontrol at the moment. Could anyone give me an
example of a tool using it, and some context in how it is used to
understand what kind of interface is needed?

Cheers,
Marc-Andre

--
Marc-Andre Hermanns
German Research School for

Tel +49 241 80 99753
Fax +49 241 80 6 99753
Web www.grs-sim.de

Members: Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH | RWTH Aachen University
Registered in the commercial register of the local court of
Düren (Amtsgericht Düren) under registration number HRB 5268
Registered office: Jülich
Executive board: Prof. Marek Behr, Ph.D | Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt