[Mpi3-tools] Last minute reminder: TelCon Monday 3/14, 8am PDT, 11am EDT, 4pm (!) MEZ
schulzm at llnl.gov
Mon Mar 14 03:31:53 CDT 2011
As discussed last week, we will have our next MPI-3 tools
TelCon on 3/14 at 8am PDT, 11am EDT - note that the
time difference to Europe is at the moment only 8 hours
and hence the TelCon starts at 4pm MEZ.
Jeff has again created a Webex session:
I have created a new draft of the tools chapter and add it
to the Wiki - changes are mostly cosmetic or reflect the
discussion during last TelCons.
Currently, we have three points outstanding, which I would
like to discuss tomorrow:
- How to deal with threading?
- Do we need to be aware of the thread level?
- What are the implications for performance measurements?
- Naming - how do we call the interface and all routines
- The forum last time suggested to keep MPIT in the MPI
namespace, but we need a prefix. Options:
- Should we include strings as MPIT types?
- If so, how do we need to adjust the interface to report
the string lengths?
It would be great if we could come to a conclusion for all
of those, so I can create a final draft in time for the two week
deadline for the formal reading at the next forum.
Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/schulzm
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mpiwg-tools