[Mpi3-tools] Draft of the MPIT Specification for the Presentation at February MPI Forum

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Thu Jan 27 19:07:19 CST 2011

Hi all,

As probably many of you know, the MPI-3 WG on tools has
been (and is) working on an extension to MPI that allows
tools (as well as adaptive runtime systems or applications)
access to MPI internals. We have named this interface MPIT.

The WG has converged on a draft for MPIT that we plan to
introduce into the MPI forum process for inclusion into MPI-3.
Following the new rules for MPI-3 standardization, I will be
presenting this draft at the next MPI forum meeting on Tuesday
afternoon.

To help this discussion, the current version is attached to
this email. As part of this proposal, we also propose to
create an overarching chapter on tools, which includes
both the existing (unmodified) PMPI interface and the
new MPIT specification. This is reflected in the attached
draft document.

I will upload it to the Tools WG Wiki as well as the MPI
SVN at the following URL (once the I can get back onto
the servers, which seem to be down at the moment):

https://svn.mpi-forum.org/svn/mpi-forum-docs/trunk/working-groups/mpi-3/tools/new-tools-chapter

Let me know if you have any questions or comments
ahead of the presentation!

Thanks,