[Mpi3-tools] New MPIT draft and next TelCon

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Tue Jan 4 03:35:21 CST 2011

Hi all,

Happy new year!

This is just a quick reminder that we have the next MPI-3 tools
TelCon scheduled for next Monday 1/10/11 at 8am PT, 11am
ET, 5pm MEZ. The main point on the agenda is to continue
going through the MPIT document.

I habe uploaded a new version of the MPIT draft (with changebars
compared to the December version) to the MPI-3 tools WG Wiki at

https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/attachment/wiki/MPI3Tools/mpit/

It (hopefully) contains all change requests - if I forgot something,
please let me know. The document should be now more or less
complete - I updated also the performance variable section and
the categories (Dave, I adjusted this to match the rest of the
document - could you please check this over if this matches with
what you remember from the discussion last month?).

The main open issue is the addition of examples, which I'll do
as soon as I get to it. Any suggestions for this are welcome.
Also the error/return code table at the end probably needs
some entries to be complete.

The document purposely does not contain the PMPI section of
the tools chapter, yet, since this currently still the old version and
also causes some strange Latex error caused by the change
bar macros. If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be great
(the macros also still add some arbitrary spaces, which I don't
know how to remove - anyone any ideas?). I will update this
once we have a new golden copy of the PMPI part with the
currently proposed updates.

Please let me know if you have any comments on the new
draft or see anything missing.

Thanks!

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/schulzm
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA