[Mpi3-tools] Next MPI-3 Tools WG TelCon on 11/1

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Fri Oct 29 18:19:50 CDT 2010

Hi all,

Our next tools TelCon is planned for Monday 11/1 at the usual
time at 8am PT, 11am CT, 5pm MZ (assuming I got this right
that we all change from daylight savings time to normal time
this weekend).

The Webex link is:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?ED=150743227&UID=0&PW=NZTRhZjI2NGFl&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D
Password: tools
The information is also on the Wiki.

The agenda is to continue the MPIT  discussions - we made
one full pass over the document (mainly driven by Jeff's
comments), but if someone has additional comments or
questions, we can revisit items.

Otherwise, I would like to pick up the one remaining topic
that we have put aside so far: there were some concerns
about implementations allocating and deallocating large
number of variables and how the current discovery
mechanism would cope with that. How can we support
some kind of ID reuse without causing stale information
if the variables are in use?

Further, we had some discussion on how to keep the
interface extensible.

Any discussion on these points would be helpful, since
I believe that these are the two remaining issues before
I can put together a (final?) new draft.

Thanks,

Martin

PS: The current draft (as of early October) is on the Wik.

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/schulzm
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA