[Mpi3-tools] New Version of MPI BoF Slides

Marc-André Hermanns m.a.hermanns at grs-sim.de
Fri Nov 5 05:48:06 CDT 2010

Hi Martin,

I think the slides are too full. Maybe I am missing what the BoF session is for. Am I correct that it is meant to reach out beyond the Forum?

I think it is best to have the user relate the info to his own experience. That's why in my proposal I just wrote "it like PAPI just for 'Software Counters' and with read--write access". A single sentence and whoever is listening should have a clear view on what we want to accomplish. If we directly want comments on the internals, people have to read the draft first anyway.

Also. I would not cite the direct link to the drafts. People will not be able to memorize the whole url, so I think the critical info is: svn.mpi-forum.org and "Tools WG". Then, I would place a link to each draft prominently on the beginning of the page (maybe below "List of …")

Cheers,
Marc-Andre

PS: As a pure Web-Document afterwards it is ok. Just for the presentation I don't think anyone will be able to follow.
--
Marc-Andre Hermanns
German Research School for

Tel +49 241 80 99753
Fax +49 241 80 6 99753
Web www.grs-sim.de

Members: Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH | RWTH Aachen University
Registered in the commercial register of the local court of
Düren (Amtsgericht Düren) under registration number HRB 5268
Registered office: Jülich
Executive board: Prof. Marek Behr Ph.D. | Dr. Norbert Drewes