[Mpi3-tools] Updates to DLL Discovery API proposal

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Mar 2 15:25:32 CST 2009

Per the call today, I updated https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/MPI3Tools/dllapi
  to remove all references to MPIR_debug_gate, and changed the text to
reflect that the debugger may read the value at any time.  If the
symbol does not exist, then the MPI doesn't support the DLL and the
debugger shouldn't bother checking again.

If the symbol exists and has a NULL value, the debugger should try
again later.  If the symbol exists and does not have a NULL value,
then the debugger can try the DLLs listed in the array.

I will likely not update the MPI handle debugging API proposal until
after we get some feedback from the Forum.

Cisco Systems