[Mpi3-tools] Next TelCon 1/12 8am PT, 11am ET, 5pm MEZ

John DelSignore jdelsign at totalviewtech.com
Sat Jan 10 08:20:36 CST 2009

Hi Martin,

A few things...

* I should probably know this, but I probably misplaced the information. How do edit the Wiki page? I tried logging in with my MPI3 Tools password, but it failed.

* I think the current MPIR description on the Wiki needs a lot more detail. I think it needs to include a "C" language description that shows the declarations of the structure types, variables, and functions. It's missing type and variable declarations. At the next higher level of detail, it needs to elaborate on the semantics of each of the variables and functions, both from the debugger's and MPI perspective; it currently very thin. At the highest level of detail, it should talk about the different "modes" of useing the interface. For example, the "rank 0 process launches" model used by MPICH 1, vs. the "separate mpirun starter process launches" model used by most other MPI implementations. Also, there are special conventions and  used on various MPI implementations. For example, Blue Gene (and now Open MPI) support the notion of co-spawning tool daemons, and several implementations support the notion of partial (scalable subset) attach.

* On Monday, I think we need to figure out who's going to be the principle author of the document and who is going to edit/maintain the document.

Cheers, John D.