[Mpi3-tools] Meeting notes and Wiki

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Tue Dec 9 09:13:53 CST 2008

I didn't mention this yesterday, but just to be clear, there never was
a formal "MPIR" spec for the process discovery - there was a hack that
was created for the first prototype implementation with MPICH and the
ch_p4 device, but this was never intended to be a standard.
Unfortunately, like so many prototypes, since there wasn't a standard,
this part of the implementation was reversed engineered into other
implementations.

Bill