[mpiwg-sessions] MPI_Buffer_attach in the sessions model

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Sat Sep 17 10:15:55 CDT 2022

Dear Dan and Tony and all,

based on your both answers, I would recommend to add an errata to 4.0,
telling that MPI_Bsend should be used only with communicators in the world model.

Then, in the future, there is any freedom to extend MPI_Bsend somehow
the session model without the need to define any restriction or non-backward
compatible changes.

This would be a very small errata and MPI-4.1 is designed to contain such erratas about 4.0.

Kind regards
Rolf