[mpiwg-sessions] MPI_Buffer_attach in the sessions model

Tony Skjellum skjellum at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 08:17:58 CDT 2022

Rolf, you’ve discovered a problem with the spec… it’s global to attach a buffer, so implicitly associated with ‘world model’ and the communicators derived from MPI_Comm_world …

Each session is to be isolated resource wise … so, we have to make a new API when there is no world model .

The API would take a session key to align buffer attachment to a session in my opinion.

Use of the current api with a session appears erroneous. :-)

I am sure it would work in real implementations nonetheless.

Tony

Anthony Skjellum, PhD
205-807-4968