[mpiwg-sessions] [EXTERNAL] Schedulers et al

Pritchard Jr., Howard howardp at lanl.gov
Mon Oct 3 15:25:32 CDT 2022

Thanks Ralph!  This will be very helpful for us.

Howard

From: mpiwg-sessions <mpiwg-sessions-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org> on behalf of MPI Sessions working group <mpiwg-sessions at lists.mpi-forum.org>
Date: Monday, October 3, 2022 at 1:05 PM
To: MPI Sessions working group <mpiwg-sessions at lists.mpi-forum.org>
Cc: Ralph Castain <rhc at pmix.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [mpiwg-sessions] Schedulers et al

Hi folks

I thoroughly enjoyed today's discussion about schedulers and their interactions with applications. Martin had asked about papers/info on the Lagrangian Receding Horizon dynamic scheduler and dynamic schedulers in general - I am going to setup a collection of references on the subject on the DynaSched github web page and will post it here. Give me a day to do it - I remain rather groggy from all the drugs to manage the back pain.

Howard had also asked about the definition of static vs dynamic schedulers. I have attached a writeup I recently provided to my "boss" on the subject.

Thanks again for the discussion - I look forward to continuing it at the PMIx Tools WG!
Ralph