[mpiwg-sessions] Schedulers et al

Ralph Castain rhc at pmix.org
Mon Oct 3 14:02:27 CDT 2022

Hi folks

I thoroughly enjoyed today's discussion about schedulers and their interactions with applications. Martin had asked about papers/info on the Lagrangian Receding Horizon dynamic scheduler and dynamic schedulers in general - I am going to setup a collection of references on the subject on the DynaSched github web page and will post it here. Give me a day to do it - I remain rather groggy from all the drugs to manage the back pain.

Howard had also asked about the definition of static vs dynamic schedulers. I have attached a writeup I recently provided to my "boss" on the subject.

Thanks again for the discussion - I look forward to continuing it at the PMIx Tools WG!
Ralph