[mpiwg-sessions] World/session model

HOLMES Daniel d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Dec 17 12:21:54 CST 2020

Hi Victor,

The phrase “not valid for use as a communicator” is carefully chosen and does *not* mean “can’t even exist”.

If a program uses both the Sessions model and the World model then that program can use MPI_COMM_WORLD within the context of the World Model but must not use it within the context of the Sessions Model.

Thus, there is no conflict between these two statements.

The Chapter Committee will take a look at the reference issue that you point out. Thanks for catching that! It had not been raised by the reviewers of that section during the Release Candidate procedure. We will hopefully be able to address it before the Final Release Meeting (Q1 2021).

Cheers,
Dan.
—
Dr Daniel Holmes PhD
Architect (HPC Research)
d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk<mailto:d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk>
Phone: +44 (0) 131 651 3465
Mobile: +44 (0) 7940 524 088
Address: Room 2.09, Bayes Centre, 47 Potterrow, Central Area, Edinburgh, EH8 9BT
—
—