[mpiwg-sessions] MPI Sessions - next meeting - v1.0 final (I hope) - next steps
d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Mon Apr 20 10:10:10 CDT 2020
Hi all Sessions WG people,
We will have a meeting today at the usual time via the usual tech.
Connection details can (now that I've fixed the config bug introduced during a recent “upgrade” of the hosting machine) be found here:
1) confirmation that PR #160 is correct and final (see messages below).
2) discussion of next steps (AKA Sessions v2.0, including “Bubbles”).
Last week I have:
* Made PR #160 and PR #55 consistent with each other (several hours work).
* Merged the latest mpi-4.x into PR #160, i.e. into branch TheSessionsProposal branch (a couple of hours work).
* Pythonised all the new Sessions functions and callbacks (a couple of hours work).
* Gone through all outstanding comments/suggestions on both PR #55 and PR #160 and resolved all of them that we have addressed (about an hours work).
* Closed PR #55 with a comment saying that PR #160 supersedes it.
* Added comments on both PRs and issue #103, which point to up-to-date PDFs (needed for the 2nd vote) and give links to Github diffs for the changes since Portland (needed for the no-no-vote).
** Please check the latest version of PR #160 - in particular, please verify the Pythonisation of the bindings has been done correctly **
The result is that (I think) we are ready for Bill to pull the trigger on merging Sessions (as soon as we have the no-no-vote and the 2nd vote in the bag).
Dr Daniel Holmes PhD
Architect (HPC Research)
d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk<mailto:d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk>
Phone: +44 (0) 131 651 3465
Mobile: +44 (0) 7940 524 088
Address: Room 2.09, Bayes Centre, 47 Potterrow, Central Area, Edinburgh, EH8 9BT
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mpiwg-sessions