[mpiwg-rma] Ticket 435 and Re: MPI_Win_allocate_shared and synchronization functions

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 2 09:46:40 CDT 2014

In general I am opposed to decreasing the performance of applications by mandating strong synchronization semantics.

I will have to study this particular instance carefully.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign