[mpiwg-rma] Single RMA synchronization for several window handles

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Fri Aug 8 10:50:23 CDT 2014

Dynamic windows do not provide the easy-to-use window base mechanism,
i.e., the origin must know the absolute address on the target process.
Same for target_disp_unit.
Dynamic Windows also require that all have the same communicator
(because same win handle).

My proposal would allow full service for all RMA operations
(and not only MPI_BOTTOM Quality),
full service for Win_create or Win_allocate or Win_allocate_shared
and together with combined synchronization.

Is this worth to consider?

Rolf