[Mpi3-rma] [EXTERNAL] Re: request-based ops

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 08:39:33 CDT 2013

I agree with the general statement that the nonblocking call marks the end
of the epoch.  In the case of MPI_Win_test, it's trying to close an
exposure epoch -- not an access epoch -- so communication operations from
the origin process are not being completed by synchronization (although,
the test/wait synchronization could be waiting for a self communication,
that operation is completed by start/complete not post/wait).  I think an
MPI_Win_iwait operation that uses the semantic you described should be
identical to MPI_Win_test.  Unless I'm missing something, which never
happens when discussing RMA.  :)

 ~Jim.