[Mpi3-rma] Call for errata

Hubert Ritzdorf Hubert.Ritzdorf at EMEA.NEC.COM
Wed Jan 30 11:26:38 CST 2013

Hi Jim,

this is really hard to understand from the description.

Nevertheless, the target buffer must fit into the target window (such as in MPI_GET),
not the origin buffer. And the origin buffer must fit into the target buffer.

Sorry to bother you

Hubert
From: mpi3-rma-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org [mpi3-rma-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org] on behalf of Jim Dinan [dinan at mcs.anl.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:12 PM
To: mpi3-rma at lists.mpi-forum.org
Subject: Re: [Mpi3-rma] Call for errata

Hi Hubert,

For Get_accumulate, the origin buffer parameters specify how much data
is accumulated at the target, and the target buffer parameters specify
how much data will be received into the result buffer.  These semantics
do not change, based on which operation is used.  This is what we are
trying to clarify with the new text in #355.

  ~Jim.