[Mpi3-rma] Call for errata

Hubert Ritzdorf Hubert.Ritzdorf at EMEA.NEC.COM
Tue Jan 29 14:24:27 CST 2013

Hi Jim,

you are right. Datatypes created by MPI_TYPE_CREATE_F90_{INTEGER,REAL,COMPLEX}
are defined as predefined nevertheless they are handles. MPI_WCHAR was only a joke to
a previous discussion.

I think ticket 355 doesn't clarify this. It doesn't specify that target_count items of target_datatype
are transferred if MPI_NO_OP is specified. It says only something about (minimal/maximal) size of buffers
nothing about the items transferred and is independent of MPI_NO_OP.
You could interpret it that always target_count items of target_datatype are returned to
the result buffer independent on origin_count and origin datatype (even if op is not MPI_NO_OP).

I think that it is much more clear for the reader if ticket 250 specifies:

When MPI_NO_OP is specified as the operation, the origin buffer arguments are ignored
and target_count elements of type target_datatype are returned from the buffer at offset target_disp
to result buffer result_addr.

Best regards

Hubert