[Mpi3-rma] Call for errata

Hubert Ritzdorf Hubert.Ritzdorf at EMEA.NEC.COM
Mon Jan 28 13:04:21 CST 2013

Hi,

Page 429, Line 41-42 specifies for MPI_Fetch_and_op:

The datatype argument must be a predefined datatype.

I think it should be:

The datatype argument must be a predefined or MPI basic datatype (cf. Section 5.9.2 on page 176).

Reasons:

(*) This would be consistent to the reduce functions and MPI_Compare_and_swap
      and would allow handles returned by MPI_TYPE_CREATE_F90_INTEGER,
      MPI_TYPE_CREATE_F90_REAL, or MPI_TYPE_F90_COMPLEX.
      (which are currently excluded since they are not predefined).

(*) MPI_Compare_and_swap accepts handles created by
      MPI_TYPE_CREATE_F90_INTEGER (they are contained in Fortran integer category).

(*) This proposed change support also atomic gets of MPI_WCHAR.

Additionally, on   Page 430, Line 39:
               predefined datatypes
should be replaced by
               basic datatypes
since Section 5.9.2 defines the  MPI basic datatypes and not the predefined
datatypes (which are defined in Tables 3.x).

Ticket 350 (MPI_NO_OP in new accumulate functions, origin buffer arguments are ignored) should also
state that the number of entries transferred is defined by target_count

Hubert