[mpiwg-rma] [Mpi3-rma] [EXTERNAL] Re: MPI-3 UNIFIED model updates

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 14:28:36 CDT 2013

Here's a refinement of the earlier draft erratum that incorporates this
change:

A window synchronization (e.g. MPI_WIN_SYNC, MPI_WIN_LOCK/UNLOCK, etc.) can
be used to order load/store operations with respect to actions performed by
other processes in the target's window. * In addition, an MPI
implementation may also support the use of external operations to provide
this ordering.*  If no synchronization is performed, the ordering of
load/store operations with respect to actions performed by other processes
in the target's window is not defined.

Rationale: The local process' view of the window may not be consistent with
the window because of performance optimizations or the consistency model
provided by the system.

 ~Jim.