[Mpi3-rma] [EXTERNAL] Re: MPI-3 UNIFIED model clarification

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 4 19:29:34 CDT 2013

Sorry, wrong rule.  Here's the right one:

"A put or accumulate must not access a target window once a load/store
update or a
put or accumulate update to another (overlapping) target window has
started on a
location in the target window, until the update becomes visible in the
public copy of
the window. Conversely, a store to process memory to a location in a
window must
not start once a put or accumulate update to that target window has
started, until
the put or accumulate update becomes visible in process memory. In both
cases, the
restriction applies to operations even if they access disjoint locations
in the window."

Read it as follows (comma added):

"A put or accumulate must not access a target window once a load/store
update, or a
put or accumulate update to another (overlapping) target window has
started on a
location in the target window, until the update becomes visible in the
public copy of
the window."

  -- Pavan

--