[Mpi3-rma] [EXTERNAL] Re: MPI-3 UNIFIED model clarification

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 4 18:16:22 CDT 2013

On 08/04/2013 06:10 PM, Barrett, Brian W wrote:
> I think we have to agree to disagree on that one, in that I really don't
> think your example is a it's a common usage model worth destroying
> UNIFIED over.  Most one-sided codes I've seen use one-sided ops for
> everything in the window, but I haven't seen as many codes as I might like.

OK.

FWIW, one case where this became a problem was when we were using
PUT/GET accesses were issued from window memory to window memory.  Even
for PUT/GET accesses, the origin accesses are considered load/store
accesses; only the target accesses are considered RMA accesses.

One of the applications that ran into this was our bio assembly
application.  Another was some secretive application Bill's student is
working on, which I don't know all the details of (I can get more
details, depending on how much she's permitted to say, if there is
interest).

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji