[Mpi3-rma] Urgent: Target displacement sign issue

Sur, Sayantan sayantan.sur at intel.com
Wed Sep 12 16:17:46 CDT 2012

Hi Jim,

Wondering what happened to this issue. I see that Rich sent a message saying the final version has been uploaded.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this would have qualified as a "ticket-0" change. While the solution proposed is portable, this requires the target to communicate with the origin. For PGAS languages, this would mean probably broadcasting this address to every other process in the job. Alternatively, this could be done in an on-demand basis upon first PGAS put or get.

Not that it is a big deal, just a significant change to come late. MPI-next?

Thanks.

===
Sayantan Sur, Ph.D.
Intel Corp.