[Mpi3-rma] MPI Last Issues Telecon

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Sat Sep 15 16:14:18 CDT 2012

Hi All,

We discovered a series of issues in the RMA chapter the last weeks.
However, the document was closed for edits before we could fix all of
them.

Some of us think that it would be advisable to have an errata draft
*before* the meeting in Vienna next week (there may be a negligible
chance of fixing the issues in MPI-3.0 this way). Nevertheless, we need
to get together and discuss the issues.

Thus, I'd propose to have a one-hour telecon to discuss those issues on
either Monday or Tuesday next week (I know, short notice ... but the
time is getting shorter). It would be great if the individuals who
raised the issues could be there!

I created a doodle at: http://www.doodle.com/29bg7iew6ik427fm . Please
complete it by *** Sunday (tomorrow) ***. We will see of we get a
reasonable number of people together to discuss this.

The agenda would be:

0) Discuss a strategy for those issues/changes.

1) The win_free deallocation issue (I think we agree on a solution, this
   just needs to be implemented)

2) MPI_AINT issues (that may require a discussion)

3) Fortran issues with create_dynamic (as raised by Hubert)

4) Explicit definition of lock vs. lock_exclusive (I would vote against
   it at this point but we should discuss)

Anything else? Please feel free to add!

Thanks & Best,
  Torsten

--
### qreharg rug ebs fv crryF ------------- http://www.unixer.de/ -----
Torsten Hoefler           | Assistant Professor