[Mpi3-rma] Info accumulate_ops

Jim Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 23 10:13:37 CDT 2012

+1 to Torsten's comment.

My reading of the current text "default" would indicate that the user
should be able to query this info key and get same_op_no_op unless they
have set it to same_op.  If this is not allowed or what we intended, an
errata to clarify this seems reasonable.  We could indicate a text
change from:

The default is same_op_no_op.

to something like:

When this info key is not specified, the default behavior assumes
same_op_no_op.

Hubert, concurrent accumulate operations with different ops, targeting
the same location is forbidden by the MPI-2 and MPI-3 standards.  We
added an exception for no_op in MPI-3, which the user can disable as a
performance hint.

  ~Jim.