[Mpi3-rma] Info accumulate_ops

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Sat Oct 20 06:27:49 CDT 2012

> ... So a valid user program in MPI-2.2 was only
> allowed to use the same OP for concurrent accumulates. ...

Torsten,
I was never aware of this restriction.
But you are right: MPI-2.2 page 365 lines 31-33:

A location in a window must not be accessed as a target of an RMA operation once
an update to that location has started, until the update becomes visible in the public
window copy. There is one exception to this rule, in the case where the same variable
is updated by two concurrent accumulates that use the same operation, with the same
predened datatype, on the same window.

Rolf