[Mpi3-rma] adam's comment on chapter 11

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Sun Jul 22 12:53:04 CDT 2012

Thanks!

Comments below:

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 05:16:36PM +0000, Howard Pritchard wrote:
> Chapter 11 review things to fix:

Correct, I replaced MPI_WIN_CREATE with "window creation functions" to
avoid those problems in the future.

> It would be nice if the latex formatting of the MPI_Get_accumulate
> on page 430.
>
> It would be nice if the latex formatting of the MPI_Rget_accumulate
> on page 437.
Wow, both of those issues could be due to the long argument lists. Bill,
do you know a fix or do we need a funcdef3 environment?

> Funny formatting also occurring on page 456 lines 13,14 for the table
> of error classes.
Hmm, this seems to be an issue with the \MPIupdate macro :-(. Bill, do
you have any idea?

> Need to review lines 15-19 on page 462 because statement about
> polling on X is not correct in the separate memory model.
They seem fine to me but I may be looking at the wrong lines (I am
working with r1501). Which version did you use?

> The example links on page 465 lines 37 and 41 aren't really correct,
> they're linked to the section numbers not the examples.
I can't find those either.

I was working off version 1501:
http://www.unixer.de/sec/mpi-report-r1501.pdf

Thanks & Best,
  Torsten

--
### qreharg rug ebs fv crryF ------------- http://www.unixer.de/ -----
Torsten Hoefler         | Performance Modeling and Simulation Lead