[Mpi3-rma] adam's comment on chapter 11

Howard Pritchard howardp at cray.com
Thu Jul 19 12:16:36 CDT 2012

Chapter 11 review things to fix:

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathryn Mohror [mailto:kathryn at llnl.gov]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:04 AM
To: Howard Pritchard
Subject: adam's comment on chapter 11

4)  The Window Info section 11.2.7 lists calls that assign info to
windows, but it is missing the new creation routines, i.e.,
MPI_WIN_ALLOCATE, MPI_WIN_ALLOCATE_SHARED, MPI_WIN_DYNAMIC.  These
should be included in the list that starts with "Hints are specified on
a per window basis, in ..."

Thanks!
Kathryn
Kathryn Mohror, kathryn at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/mohror1
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA, USA

It would be nice if the latex formatting of the MPI_Get_accumulate
on page 430.

It would be nice if the latex formatting of the MPI_Rget_accumulate
on page 437.

Funny formatting also occurring on page 456 lines 13,14 for the table
of error classes.

Need to review lines 15-19 on page 462 because statement about
polling on X is not correct in the separate memory model.

The example links on page 465 lines 37 and 41 aren't really correct,
they're linked to the section numbers not the examples.

That's all I could find.  I didn't go closely through the examples
At the end as I was running out of time.

Howard