[Mpi3-rma] [EXTERNAL] Re: Disp_unit in allocate_shared should be returned by win_shared_query?

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Sun Jul 22 12:17:26 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:12:27PM -0500, William Gropp wrote:
> What *exactly* are the proposals?  I know in general, but some of the
> statements make me wonder if I understand the proposal.

The two options are:

1) Return disp_unit in win_shared_query.

2) Do not return disp_unit in win_shared_query.

I committed it after RMA WG and Forum approval (as part of the disp_unit
change). RMA group members started to discuss :-). I am now just waiting
for a decision from the RMA group and will then notify the Forum and
apply the change (if necessary).

Thanks,
  Torsten