[Mpi3-rma] missing RMA info keys

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Mon Dec 3 10:33:53 CST 2012

yes, to summarize what Hubert and Jim said and add my own comments:

* accumulate_ordering and accumulate_ops should be valid for all
window types (unless shared memory windows allow ONLY load-store, then
we can remove them from MPI_WIN_ALLOCATE_SHARED).

* same_size is primarily useful for MPI_WIN_ALLOCATE but it would be
valid and mildly useful for MPI_WIN_CREATE.  for example, if i want to
do valid-range checking and i don't know same_size, i may need an O(N)
list of (base,max_offset), whereas same_size allows me to have only
O(N) for base and O(1)=1 for max_offset.

* alloc_shared_noncontig only makes sense for MPI_WIN_ALLOCATE_SHARED

best,

jeff