[Mpi3-rma] missing RMA info keys

Hubert Ritzdorf Hubert.Ritzdorf at EMEA.NEC.COM
Mon Dec 3 10:17:09 CST 2012

Hi,

I think that the info argument "same_size" is defined only for
MPI_Win_Allocate.  It's defined in the context of this function
and it's explicitly an additional info relative to the info keys
of  MPI_Win_create.

MPI_Win_allocate is not mentioned in the list of Page 409 Line 48
and "same_size" doesn't make sense for MPI_Win_allocate_shared.

MPI_Win_create_dynamic specifies only the info keys of MPI_Win_create
(Page 412 Line 22-23)
and "same_size" doesn't make sense since MPI_Win_attach is not collective.

Hubert

From: mpi3-rma-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org [mpi3-rma-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org] on behalf of Jim Dinan [dinan at mcs.anl.gov]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2012 4:07 PM
To: mpi3-rma at lists.mpi-forum.org
Subject: Re: [Mpi3-rma] missing RMA info keys

Hi Jeff,

I haven't looked at the text in a while -- alloc_shared_noncontig only
makes sense in a call to MPI_Win_allocate_shared().  The other info keys
were intended to be valid for all communicator creation routines.  If
this isn't clear, then we should definitely correct it.  I created a
ticket to make sure we remember to look at this:

https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/346

  ~Jim.