[Mpi3-rma] current version of proposal

Barrett, Brian W bwbarre at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 2 18:08:01 CST 2011

On 3/2/11 3:04 PM, "Torsten Hoefler" <htor at illinois.edu> wrote:

>> As an aside, it's not clear in the current text which is the default for
>> accumulate_ops: same_op or same_op_no_op.  The semantics section still
>> defines same_op, but that seems to go agains the use of info keys to
>>relax
>> requirements on the implementation.
>True. Right now, the stricter (more limited) semantics are default (I
>don't have an issue with this). We could forward-reference from the
>info-key description to the semantics section to make it more clear.

I think the semantics section needs to be made a bit more clear.  It
should have some text saying that the "same op" restriction can be
loosened with an info key (right now it says nothing about the info key).
That would make the default much more obvious.

Brian

--
  Brian W. Barrett
  Dept. 1423: Scalable System Software