[Mpi3-rma] Draft Plenary Presentation for MPI RMA

Jeff Hammond jhammond at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 4 16:24:21 CST 2011

If it is not obvious, ARMCI_Fence is bulk remote completion on a
single target, not global ala shmem_quiet (?).  Of course, ARMCI
AllFence completes at all targets what was sent from the calling
process.

ARMCI is sequentially consistent between the source and target so
ARMCI_Fence ensures that the remote completion is visible to everyone.

Sorry for being pedantic.  Maybe everyone already knew all this.

Jeff