[Mpi3-rma] Draft Plenary Presentation for MPI RMA

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 3 15:15:16 CST 2011

Bill,
> I've posted a draft of the plenary presentation on the RMA Wiki.
> Comments welcome; if you want to edit it, send a message to this list
> first to grad the edit token.  (
> https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/attachment/wiki/RmaWikiPage/rma-overview-2-11a.pptx

Thank you very much. Fixed some things:

- Slide 4: the ordering semantics changed (see updated proposal). The
  user can now chose all combinations of read and write orderings
  possible. This includes the combinations we had before but is more
  general.

- Slide 4: typo in "frmisc"
- Slides 17-20 are hidden, is this on purpose

I uploaded a new version with those fixes.

One general question: should we rename MPI_RMA_query to MPI_Win_query
(seems cleaner to me)?

Everything else looks good. Thanks!

Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler         | Performance Modeling and Simulation Lead